School Trips Abroad: Student Volunteering Group Travel, South Africa, Thailand & Romania
A school-volunteering travel programme that gives 16-18 year old students a unique opportunity to volunteer whilst on a school trip abroad. Travel overseas and take part in meaningful conservation or community projects in South Africa, Romania and Thailand.
As a rule, we used to only offer volunteering projects to people over the age of 18; however, there have been a number of developments that have compelled us to gradually warm to the idea of relaxing our volunteering age limit.
We’ve looked hard at ways of introducing more young people to the concept of volunteering abroad - increasing their level of awareness on key global issues, and highlighting how their voluntary actions can have a positive impact on locations around the world.
We have a number of overseas volunteer projects that work extremely well with young people, and over the years we’ve seen an increasing number of students (aged 16 yrs – 18yrs) approaching us for volunteering opportunities abroad. It is for this reason that we’ve decided to lower our volunteer age limit for 16-18 year old students travelling in a group as part of a school trip abroad.
The projects we have available to our School Groups are:
- Sports Coaching Project, South Africa
- Game Reserve Conservation Project, South Africa
- Children’s Activity Leader, Romania
- Elephant Protection, Thailand
- What's included?
- Dates & duration
- Project life
- Flights & Visas
- Tailored school trip itineraries reflective of the needs of students (and accompanying teachers)
- Pre-departure briefing at your school
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and advice
- Induction and orientation on arrival by a professional project coordinator
- Fully structured conservation and community volunteering projects for students
- In-country assistance and support
- Accommodation: each project is different, but will either be a volunteer house, host family or on-project residence
- Transportation: airport pick-up, airport drop-off, and if necessary transportation from accommodation to project and back as well as private hire minibus
- Food: 3 meals a day included
- Sightseeing activities (this can be included in your itinerary if requested)
- 24-hour emergency support
What's NOT included?
Dates and duration
Each project has different prices depending on the size of the group (students plus teachers)
- Once a bespoke itinerary has been established for your chosen projects, a final price will then be drawn up with our partners in South Africa, Romania & Thailand. See the Fees section for a basic price breakdown.
Please be aware that if you are considering a summer student volunteering trip, it’s advisable to contact Twin fairly soon so that we can enquire about the availability.
Points to remember:
- The price level of group fare will be determined by seat availability, date of departure and also will depend on how far in advance you make the reservation
- Reservations open for sale 11 months prior to departure
We are able to construct bespoke itineraries for our groups upon request. If you would like an itinerary created for your students, please email Sally Mordarski (the Work & Volunteer Manager) or fill in an enquiry form.
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation and food details will vary greatly depending on which of the four courses your school is interested in. For more information, please email the Work & Volunteer manager; Sally Mordarski or fill in an enquiry form.
Flights, Transportation & Visas
School Trips Abroad: Students' flight information and advice:
According to which project you are interested in, booking processes and advice changes. Therefore, if you have any questions about flights or visas please contact Sally Mordarski at email@example.com (the Work & Volunteer Manager) or fill in an enquiry form.
CIBT Visa advice...
For expert visa advice we advise our volunteer, work placement, and internship participants to get in touch with CIBT - a company that we work in partnership with. Our UK, Canadian, and US travellers can use CIBT for visa advice and to get their visa applications processed - with visas returned within a week.
Safety & Insurance
- All of Twin Work & Volunteer's placements are in partnership with recognised and established local organisations, run by or employing local people. These organisations, depending on the nature of what they do, might be small-scale NGOs, family projects, schools or orphanages, or local initiatives with environmental or social goals.
- We often use local businesses to provide logistical and support services to volunteers such as transfers, pick-ups, accommodation and so on. In this way, we support the local economy through helping independent local businesses to thrive. We take our partnerships very seriously and work extremely closely with all our partners.
- We provide 24-hour emergency support from the UK and our partners provide support locally.
- We have an agreement with the crisis management service Tranquillico, should the very worst situations arise.
- If any wider safety concerns arise in the destination, such as civil disturbances or natural disasters, we seek advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and implement their recommendations where appropriate.
Comprehensive insurance is available for all programmes. You have no obligation to take up insurance with any of these companies, but insurance of a suitable sort is mandatory on all our programmes.
Book Now > Make an enquiry >