UK Professional Internships, London
Enrol onto our award-winning internship programme and kick-start your career in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
From multinational companies, to industrial placements and start-up businesses – the metropolitan city of London is one of the best places in the world to enhance your CV and gain valuable employability skills.
In today’s very competitive job market, an internship in London will help you to stand out against other applicants. Working in London gives you the opportunity to be independent, learn important career enhancing skills, develop your business vocabulary and gain an insight into the working world. With our internships you will be given real responsibilities and deadlines, and will be made to feel welcome and comfortable in one of our reputable host businesses.
Why enrol onto Twin’s internship programme?
- Grow as an individual in the vibrant city of London.
- Develop your industry specific skills and knowledge.
- Help your CV to stand out against the rest.
- With our large network of over 1,000 UK companies, you are guaranteed a placement in your chosen sector.
- Twin has won the “best internship provider” award five times in the Study and Travel Magazine, meaning that we have now become “superstars” in this category.
Once you have enrolled onto our internship programme, you can relax knowing that we will find the perfect placement for you. Our careful selection process will ensure that we match your internship to your CV, career goals and personality, and that it will give you the opportunity to fully explore your chosen career path.
- What's included?
- Dates & duration
- Project life
- Flights & Visas
- An internship in London in a sector matching your chosen career path
- Information, advice and support
- Multilingual internship placement officers
- 24-hour support & emergency contacts during the internship work placement
- Half-day orientation at a Training Centre
- Stipend (This is at the discretion of the company where you will be placed and highly depends on the sector and duration of the internship.)
- Access to a Training centre – complete with IT suite (free wifi & internet access) and café area
- Twin Certificate of achievement (awarded on completion of the internship)
- Reference from employer
What's NOT included?
- Flights or Train Journeys
- Insurance (for EU Applicants from outside the UK)
- Sightseeing activities
Here at Twin Work & Volunteer we get many international interns, all with different levels of English. Every intern is different, some have never visited the UK and may find the idea of working in England a little scary. That is why we work hard to make sure that every intern is comfortable and happy with their placement.
If you are worried that your English isn't very good, then we have the perfect idea. Below are some study options (please note, all prices are per week), to give you the skills you need to live and work in the UK:
|English Study||Per week||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Standard English||15 hours||£126||£126||£126||£122||£122||£122||£110||£110||£110||£99||£99||£99|
|Intensive English||23 hours||£165||£165||£165||£158||£158||£158||£155||£155||£155||£147||£147||£147|
Residential accommodation is located in a vibrant area of South-West London, close to a wide range of shops, bars, restaurants and parks. The location also has excellent public transport and is within easy reach of central London. You can spend your free time exploring this beautiful city and all that it has to offer.
You will find that the local area and your comfy accommodation has plenty to keep you entertained! Residential guests can enjoy a range of facilities in their spare time, such as:
- Gym facilities
- Study and common room
- Shared kitchens
- Laundry room
- Fast broadband internet (wired and wireless)
- Free shuttle bus
Our accommodation options have you in mind and will help to make your stay in the UK as easy as possible:
|Accommodation||Single / week (Bed & Breakfast)||Single / week (Half Board)||Single ensuite / week (Self Catering)||Single week (Self Catering)|
If finding your own way from the airport or train station makes you worry, then we will happily arrange transfers for you. That way you can relax!
|Transfers to accommodation||Heathrow||Gatwick||Stansted||Luton||Victoria / St Pancras|
If you have any questions about your internship placement then please speak to one of our friendly travel advisors. We can help you choose the right programme and make arrangements for any other needs you may have. Please contact us for further help and information!
Dates and duration
- Internships in London are available throughout the year, so contact us at anytime
- Placements typically start on Mondays
You're advised to contact us as soon as possible so that we can confirm your place in a suitable company.
To get the best possible experience from your internship your applications should be made no later than 6 weeks before you require the internship to start.
- Age 18+
- English Level: Intermediate IELTS 3.5+ or equivalent
- Age 18+
- English Level: Intermediate IELTS 3.5+ or equivalent
- Tier 5 Visa holders: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong
Please be aware that:
- It is best that you are capable & feel comfortable in an English-speaking environment.
- You will be assigned an internship based on your available dates, skills, training and personality.
- Some jobs may require more specific qualifications and experience.
In an increasingly competitive employment market, the opportunity to gain invaluable work experience as an intern will allow you to increase your awareness of the business world and sharpen your existing skills.
The Professional Internship is set up for students and young adults over 18 years old who are looking to develop their personal and professional goals by working in a UK company.
Professional internships are available in numberous business sectors and can be matched to your needs and career objectives. This allows you to make the most of your experience by enhancing your English skills, work on specific projects and show your employers what you have to offer.
The internships are typically unpaid, however some employers may choose to cover expenses by offering a weekly or monthly stipend.
We have previously matched interns in the following sectors:
Internships generally last from 3 weeks onwards - many last for longer periods and can easily fit in with your university summer break or stages of your gap year. The longer interns spend at work, the more beneficial the entire experience will be.
Accommodation and Food
If you need accommodation during your placement you can choose to stay in either homestay or residential locations across London.
Living with a host family in London provides you with a real insight into 'London-living', allowing you to have a rewarding experience where you can embrace the multitude of cultures, customs and traditions that London is famed for having.
- There is the option of half-board (breakfast and an evening meal) or full-board (three meals a day)
- Bed and breakfast or
- Self-catering accommodation
The homes are in locations that are within easy reach of transport links to either our partner organisation's training centre or to your internship placement.
If a homestay is not your thing, or just for more independence, you can choose to stay in residential housing in east and southeast London. Again, these are within easy travelling distance of central London and/or our partner organisation's training centre.
- Single rooms arranged in self-contained flats
- Shared kitchen, toilet and bathroom
- Self-catered housing
Flights, Transportation & Visas
- Flights are not included in the cost of the Professional Intersnhip Programme in London.
- London has four major airports which domestic and international flights arrive at:
- Transports from any of these airports to your accommodation can be arranged for an extra fee
- Most citizens from EU countries will not require a visa to take part in this programme
- Non EU citizens will need a visa to take part, the conditions vary from country to country - contact a Twin travel adviser for details
CIBT Visa advice...
For expert visa advice we advise our volunteer, work placement, and internship participants to get in touch with CIBT - a company that we work in partnership with. Our UK, Canadian, and US travellers can use CIBT for visa advice and to get their visa applications processed - with visas returned within a week.
Safety & Insurance
All of Twin Work & Volunteer's placements are in partnership with recognised and established local organisations, run by or employing local people. These organisations, depending on the nature of what they do, might be small-scale NGOs, family projects, schools or orphanages, or local initiatives with environmental or social goals.
- We often use local businesses to provide logistical and support services to volunteers such as transfers, pick-ups, accommodation and so on. In this way, we support the local economy through helping independent local businesses to thrive. We take our partnerships very seriously and work extremely closely with all our partners.
- We provide 24-hour emergency support from the UK and our partners provides support locally.
- We have an agreement with the crisis management service Tranquillico, should the very worst situations arise.
- If any wider safety concerns arise in the destination, such as civil disturbances or natural disasters, we seek advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and implement their recommendations where appropriate.
Comprehensive insurance is available for all programmes. You have no obligation to take up insurance with any of these companies, but insurance of a suitable sort is mandatory on all our programmes.
Book Now > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
Language Assistant Italy, Italy
Spend from 4 weeks up to 3 months living with an Italian family. A fantastic cultural immersion and an enriching travel experience.
Professional Internships, Australia
An unpaid internship that offers you the opportunity to enhance your CV with international work experience. Enrol in an Australian industry of your choice & spend months working overseas.
UK General Work Experience, London & Eastbourne
Gain 2-5 weeks of work experience in a UK business with this fantastic internship opportunity in London & Eastbourne. Positions are available in retail and office administration allowing you to strengthen your CV while improving your English.
Internship Programme for non-Europeans, London
Our Internship Programme for Non-Europeans will give you the unique opportunity to enhance your CV during a placement with famous, registered UK charities.
Internships in France, France
Work in an unpaid Internship position within a French organisation, and gain valuable international work experience. Build on your professional skills and significantly improve your career prospects. An ideal Gap year work programme.
Language Assistant Spain, Spain
Spend weeks or up to a year living with a Spanish family & teaching them English. A superb cultural immersion for Gap Year students looking for an enriching travel experience.
Language Assistant France, Montpellier
Immerse yourself in the beautiful French region of Montpellier learning the French language and culture while teaching English to your host family. Great for a Gap Year or Career Break.
Language Assistant, Brazil, Brazil
Spend up to three months living with a Brazilian family and teaching them English. A rewarding opportunity for travellers who want an authentic cultural experience, in a beautiful part of Brazil.
Professional Internships Germany, Berlin
Take part in an unpaid work experience in Germany. Select from a range of internships that allow you to work abroad whilst developing your German language skills.
Professional Volunteer Work, Ghana
Choose from a selection of Ghanaian work placements that utilise your current skills whilst teaching you new ones. Gain an international job opportunity plus an authentic insight into working life in a vibrant West African country.
Tier 5 Engineering Internships, United Kingdom
Our brand new Tier 5 Engineering Internship Programme is ideal for non-EU and non-EEA engineering students, who want to find a placement that will enable them to experience the working and cultural life in the UK, and learn key skills to take back to their home country.