Internships, Work Abroad
Professional Internships, Valencia
Enhance your career prospects with our professional internship programme in Spain. By attending this programme you will gain essential employability skills, improve your Spanish and experience the culturally rich region of Valencia.
Being one of Spain’s foremost thriving economic areas and with the hottest climate in Europe, Valencia is an ideal location for you to gain the vital experience you need to achieve career progression whilst living in a beautiful, sun drenched city! An internship in Valencia will not only give you essential industry-specific skills and an independent attitude, but it will also give you the chance to learn a new language or improve your current language skills and explore one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
We don’t want to drop you in the deep end, so you will have at least one week of Spanish lessons at a local language school before you start your internship in a sector of your choice. You will develop the essential skills required to work successfully in your chosen career, as you handle real responsibilities and deadlines.
If you have received Erasmus funding and are looking for an internship in Spain, this programme would also be available for you to access, and we would be your one stop shop for your work placement, accommodation and language course.
Valencia was voted as one of the top 10 cities to visit in the world by Lonely Planet – and this year you could discover why. During your free time you can visit Valencia’s stunning beach, ancient attractions with over 2000 years of rich history to tell and enjoy its vibrant social and night life. With our exciting Social Programme you will make new friends from all around the world, whilst taking part in exciting activities such as sailing, dancing and Spanish cooking courses.
Why enrol onto our internship programme in Valencia?
- Increase your career prospects with industry specific skills and knowledge.
- Live like a Spaniard and learn the local lingo.
- Experience an exciting social life, as Valencia is one of the most popular destinations for Erasmus students in Europe and is home to two major universities.
- Discover breath-taking beaches and rich history dating back to the Greeks and Romans.
- Enjoy beautiful sunny and warm days in a city with the best climate in Europe.
- What's included?
- Dates & duration
- Project life
- Flights & Visas
- An internship in a career sector of your choice, which perfectly matches your needs
- 1 week Spanish course in your first week at a language school, accredited by Instituto Cervantes
- Pre-departure assistance including Visa procedure or Erasmus application
- An exciting Social Programme including 3 cultural activities per week
- Support throughout your internship by our academic advisors
- Help processing the necessary agreements with your internship company inside the legal framework of Spain
- Orientation packs once you are here
- 24-hour emergency contacts
- A Certificate of Achievement upon completion of the programme
What’s not included?
- Accommodation and food
- Transportation during the project
Dates and duration
This programme is available all year round, so you will be able to start your internship in Valencia on a date which best suits you.
The minimum duration of this programme is 3 weeks. The maximum duration for EU citizens is 9 months, whilst for non-EU citizens it is 6 months.
- Age 18+.
- You will need to have an intermediate B1 level of Spanish before you begin your internship. Though don’t worry if you’re not at this level yet, because you can take Spanish classes before your internship at a local language school.
B1 Spanish: Can deal with practical every day demands - Finding out and passing on simple information and taking part in conversation. Can understand extensive simple information encountered in everyday situations and maintain conversation and discussion on topics of interest.
To apply for this programme you will need to submit:
- Your CV with details of previous studies and experience.
- A motivational letter describing the type of company that you would like to intern with and the reason for your interest in your chosen field of work.
- The completed online Spanish test with our supplier, which will check your current language level.
- The exact dates which you wish to start your internship.
This programme is your chance to gain valuable employability skills, learn Spanish and gain unforgettable experiences working abroad.
Enhance your future career
With an internship in Valencia you will increase your future career prospects by acquiring key skills in your chosen sector, an experience of the Spanish working world and impressive new language skills. Not only this, but you will also gain intercultural experience, which will be beneficial to your personal and professional development.
We want you to enhance your career prospects as much as possible, which is why you will be perfectly matched to an internship in your chosen career sector that is suited to your needs and future aspirations. We can offer an internship in all career fields, except for the medical sector, so your internship can be completely tailored to your career goals.
You will start this programme with at least 1 week of Spanish classes to get your language up to a suitable level, and then you will intern with a local Spanish business. Your working hours will depend on your company’s requirements and your personal needs, though the hours are usually between 20-40 hours per week. We can also accompany you on your first day with the business, to ensure that you are happy with your chosen company and to help you settle into your new work place.
Become fluent in Spanish
Develop your Spanish skills and knowledge of the local lingo before you start your internship. In your first week of the programme you will study Spanish at a local language school, unless you have decided to have more tuition. The Spanish language and culture school in Valencia is accredited by the Instituto Cervantes, and offers courses for all levels of Spanish speakers, with teaching materials especially developed to meet your academic needs.
To start your professional internship, you will need to have at least an intermediate B1 Spanish level, (you can see a full description of this level in the Eligibility tab), and this will be the perfect opportunity to increase your language skills and cultural understanding.
Discover the best-kept secrets of Spain
Explore the best bits of Valencia during an exciting Social Programme, and go on excursions to famous attractions including the beautiful local beach, the official site of the City of Arts and Science and the historic Valencia Cathedral and the Holy Grail. You will take part in cultural activities such as sailing, dancing and Spanish cooking lessons, and will have plenty of opportunities to make new friends from around the world and have a lot of fun.
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation is not included in the price of the programme, however we can help you to find local accommodation if you wish.
We would recommend that you book homestay accommodation with a Spanish family for the first two weeks of your stay, as they will help you to settle in and get used to the local area, and it will give you the chance to make friends and find a shared flat with other international students. If you enjoy living with a host family, we can arrange for you to continue to stay with them for the duration of your internship, or we can also offer University residential accommodation.
Please see below for host family accommodation prices:
|Host family - half board||£180 per week|
|Host family - full board||£210 per week|
Flights, Transportation & Visas
- Airport: Valencia International Airport
- All European Union citizens have no need to organise a visa for this programme
- We can accept most nationalities onto this programme, and a visa support letter is provided to Non-EU participants to assist in the visa application. However, if the application fails, the deposit for enrolment is kept as an administration fee for providing the visa support documents.
CIBT Visa advice...
For expert visa advice we advise our volunteer, work placement, and internship participants to get in touch with CIBT - a company that we work in partnership with. Our UK, Canadian, and US travellers can use CIBT for visa advice and to get their visa applications processed - with visas returned within a week.
Safety & Insurance
- All of Twin Work & Volunteer's placements are in partnership with recognised and established local organisations, run by or employing local people. These organisations, depending on the nature of what they do, might be small-scale NGOs, family projects, schools or orphanages, or local initiatives with environmental or social goals.
- We often use local businesses to provide logistical and support services to volunteers such as transfers, pick-ups, accommodation and so on. In this way, we support the local economy through helping independent local businesses to thrive. We take our partnerships very seriously and work extremely closely with all our partners.
- We provide 24-hour emergency support from the UK and our partners provide support locally.
- We have an agreement with the crisis management service Tranquillico, should the very worst situations arise.
- If any wider safety concerns arise in the destination, such as civil disturbances or natural disasters, we seek advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and implement their recommendations where appropriate.
Comprehensive insurance is available for all programmes. You have no obligation to take up insurance with any of these companies, but insurance of a suitable sort is mandatory on all our programmes.
Book Now > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
Internships in France, France
Work in an unpaid Internship position within a French organisation, and gain valuable international work experience. Build on your professional skills and significantly improve your career prospects. An ideal gap year work programme.
Language Assistant Spain, Spain
Spend weeks or up to a year living with a Spanish family & teaching them English. A superb cultural immersion for Gap Year students looking for an enriching travel experience.
Language Assistant France, Montpellier
Immerse yourself in the beautiful French city of Montpellier, whilst learning French in an award winning language school and teaching English to your host family. Great for a gap year or career break.
Language Assistant Italy, Multiple Locations
On this programme you can spend between 4 weeks up to 3 months living with a welcoming Italian host family. A fantastic cultural immersion and an enriching travel experience, this programme provides a perfect platform to improve your Italian language ability.
Professional Internships Germany, Berlin
Take part in an unpaid work experience in Germany. Select from a range of internships that allow you to work abroad whilst developing your German language skills.
Business Administration Internship, London
Our Business Administration Internship is a great opportunity for EU citizens to come to the UK and experience working life in a business atmosphere. All placements are available in London, so you will benefit from working in one of the world’s busiest cities.
UK Professional Internships, London
Enrol onto our award-winning internship programme and kick-start your career in one of the most exciting cities in the world. <p><strong>Now available to non-EEA citizens with a BUNAC Tier 5 Visa. Check the eligibility section to find out more.</strong></p>
Internship Programme for non-Europeans, London
Our Internship Programme for Non-Europeans will give you the unique opportunity to enhance your CV during a placement with famous, registered UK charities.
Customer Service Internship, London and Eastbourne
For EU citizens wanting to practise their English and carry out valuable work experience in the UK, our Customer Service Internship is perfect. With positions available in London and Eastbourne, you can choose whether you want to stay in the bustling city or a traditional seaside town.