Internships, Work Abroad
Internship Programme for Non-Europeans, London
Our Internship Programme for Non-Europeans will give you the unique opportunity to enhance your CV during a placement with famous, registered UK charities.
- We are now able to match non-European students to valuable volunteering internships.
- Enhance your professional profile with work experience, employability skills and business vocabulary.
- Gain knowledge of a relevant business area within the charity sector.
- Matched to a carefully chosen placement which suits your personal profile.
- Access to our online e-Learning platform, so you can develop your professional English skills in your spare time.
- Enjoy London – explore this beautiful city, visit famous attractions and make new friends.
Non-European students are now able to take part in volunteering internships with registered UK charities for up to 4 weeks. At Twin, these new immigration rules are an exciting development, as it means that we can now provide you with the fantastic opportunity to gain career-enhancing skills and explore London during a placement with a reputable charity.
In an increasingly competitive job market, the chance to gain work experience as an intern in London will help your CV to stand out amongst the rest. With our internship programme you will gain an insight into the professional working world and the charity sector, and will develop valuable employability skills and business vocabulary.
UK charities are famous throughout the world, and we will carefully select a placement for you which matches your CV, career goals and English level. You can choose to complete a charity placement within a wide range of professional areas, including marketing, events management, fundraising and many more. In 2014 we were awarded the Study and Travel Magazine’s Best Internship Provider Award for the fifth time in seven years, meaning that you can trust us to find your perfect voluntary placement.
- What's included?
- Dates & duration
- Project life
- Flights & Visas
- 3 or 4 weeks placement in the charity sector
- Twin e-Learning platform, (our online English tuition and materials)
- Access to a Training Centre – complete with IT suite, free Wi-Fi and café area
- Half day induction at a Training Centre
- Support and monitoring during placement
- 24/7 emergency support
- Multilingual placement officers
- Twin Certificate of Achievement, awarded upon completion of the internship
- Reference from employer
What's not included?
- Accommodation and food
- Airport transfers
- Insurance (for EU applicants from outside the UK)
- Sightseeing activities
Dates and duration
- Our internship programme can start on any Monday, so please contact us about when you wish to start.
- Your internship will last for 3 or 4 weeks.
- Age 18+
- English level: IELTS 3.5+ or equivalent
- Visa requirements: Visitor (standard) route
In today’s very competitive job market, an internship in London will help your CV to stand out against other applicants, and will allow you to increase your awareness of the business world.
With this programme you will be able to complete an internship with a registered UK charity for up to 4 weeks. Internships are available in a number of professional areas within the charity sector, and our dedicated Work Experience team will match you to a placement that suits your CV, personality and career goals.
Your charity placement could be within these professional areas:
- Marketing (If no previous experience in this field, this is not available)
- Accounts (If no previous experience in this field, this is not available)
Please note, your internship will be unpaid.
Before you begin your internship with your charity, you will be given a half day induction at our Training Centre in London to fully prepare you for your experience and answer any questions you may have. This will also give you the opportunity to meet your Placement Coordinator, who will support and monitor you throughout your internship.
You will also have access to the Training Centre during your internship. Here you will be able to take advantage of a range of services including, an IT suite, a social area with café, free Wi-Fi and a wide range of English courses, (as an additional extra). Throughout your course you will also be able to use our online e-Learning platform, which will give you plenty of opportunity to develop your professional English skills in your spare time.
Why not combine your placement with evening English classes?
If you want to give your English language skills a boost during your time in the UK, then we offer evening English classes as an additional extra. Our classes run twice weekly for four hours a week at our London school, and focus on Business English and employability skills. Our English tuition is the perfect way to add more value to your placement experience, and boost your CV with fantastic language skills.
Accommodation and Food
Accommodation and food are not included in the price of the programme. However, we can provide you with comfortable accommodation as an additional extra. Please contact your Twin Placement Officer, who will be happy to provide you with more details and guidance on our accommodation options.
Flights, Transportation & Visas
London has four main airports that domestic and international flights land at:
We can arrange transfers from any of these airports to your accommodation for an additional extra.
CIBT Visa advice...
For expert visa advice we advise our volunteer, work placement, and internship participants to get in touch with CIBT - a company that we work in partnership with. Our UK, Canadian, and US travellers can use CIBT for visa advice and to get their visa applications processed - with visas returned within a week.
Safety & Insurance
All of Twin Work & Volunteer's placements are in partnership with recognised and established local organisations, run by or employing local people. These organisations, depending on the nature of what they do, might be small-scale NGOs, family projects, schools or orphanages, or local initiatives with environmental or social goals.
- We often use local businesses to provide logistical and support services to volunteers such as transfers, pick-ups, accommodation and so on. In this way, we support the local economy through helping independent local businesses to thrive. We take our partnerships very seriously and work extremely closely with all our partners.
- We provide 24-hour emergency support from the UK and our partners provide support locally.
- We have an agreement with the crisis management service Tranquillico, should the very worst situations arise.
- If any wider safety concerns arise in the destination, such as civil disturbances or natural disasters, we seek advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and implement their recommendations where appropriate.
Comprehensive insurance is available for all programmes. You have no obligation to take up insurance with any of these companies, but insurance of a suitable sort is mandatory on all our programmes.
Book Now > Make an enquiry >
You may also like
Internships in France, France
Work in an unpaid Internship position within a French organisation, and gain valuable international work experience. Build on your professional skills and significantly improve your career prospects. An ideal gap year work programme.
Language Assistant Italy, Multiple Locations
On this programme you can spend between 4 weeks up to 3 months living with a welcoming Italian host family. A fantastic cultural immersion and an enriching travel experience, this programme provides a perfect platform to improve your Italian language ability.
Professional Internships in Valencia, Valencia
Enhance your career prospects with our professional internship programme in Spain. By attending this programme you will gain essential employability skills, improve your Spanish and experience the culturally rich region of Valencia.
Customer Service Internship, London and Eastbourne
For EU citizens wanting to practise their English and carry out valuable work experience in the UK, our Customer Service Internship is perfect. With positions available in London and Eastbourne, you can choose whether you want to stay in the bustling city or a traditional seaside town.
Language Assistant Spain, Spain
Spend weeks or up to a year living with a Spanish family & teaching them English. A superb cultural immersion for Gap Year students looking for an enriching travel experience.
Language Assistant France, Montpellier
Immerse yourself in the beautiful French city of Montpellier, whilst learning French in an award winning language school and teaching English to your host family. Great for a gap year or career break.
Professional Internships Germany, Berlin
Take part in an unpaid work experience in Germany. Select from a range of internships that allow you to work abroad whilst developing your German language skills.
UK Professional Internships, London
Enrol onto our award-winning internship programme and kick-start your career in one of the most exciting cities in the world. <p><strong>Now available to non-EEA citizens with a BUNAC Tier 5 Visa. Check the eligibility section to find out more.</strong></p>
Business Administration Internship, London
Our Business Administration Internship is a great opportunity for EU citizens to come to the UK and experience working life in a business environment. All placements are available in London, so you will benefit from working in one of the world’s busiest cities.